Professeur en Vente
emlyon business school invites applications for a Professor in Sales. Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates with demonstrate teaching and research excellence in Sales Management. The appointment begins in September 2024.
The selected candidate will be attached and collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the Department of Marketing to grow and extend our research and teaching in Sales. We embrace different research approaches and methods with a keen focus on quality in research.
Teaching opportunities will be mostly at the undergraduate level (BBA), graduate level (Programme Grande Ecole) and the master's level. Responsibilities for this position include capabilities to design and manage courses in the areas of Professional Sales and Sales Management. Teaching will be delivered mainly at our new campus in Gerland in Lyon but can also be delivered on the school's other campuses.
Founded in 1872 by the Lyon CCI, emlyon business school has an enrollment of 9,050 students of 125 nationalities over 6 campuses worldwide (Lyon, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Paris, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai). emlyon draws on a Faculty of 166 international professors and researchers, and a network of 200 global academic partners, to provide learning tracks of excellence opened to the world. emlyon runs a community of 41,700 alumni spread out in 130 countries. As a Société à Mission since July 2021, emlyon's raison d'être consists in: providing life-long training and support to meaningful individuals able to transform organizations, for a fairer society, with more solidarity and respect for the planet. In its early makers pedagogy, action and reflection are closely intertwined. Skill hybridization and social responsibility are at the heart of its training programs, where the best of both socio-economic and academic worlds meet.
emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools in the world in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 2 of the best French business schools in the Management category, and the top 3 in the Business Administration category.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see:https://www.lyoncampus.com/en/welcome/lyon-a-city-of-innovation )
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long entrepreneurship tradition and a solid digital industry.
- About emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
- Ph.D. / doctorate degree in marketing or related area.
- Evidence of excellent teaching achievements in sales areas that includes professional selling, sales management, strategic/key account selling and management at different levels.
- Evidence of excellent sales-focused research with demonstrated ability to regularly publish in the highest ranked journals of the field (e.g., FT list)
- An interest in developing collective research projects and raising funds for research
- Desire and ability to support junior level researchers and/or supervise doctoral students
- Proven capacity to take on courses' pedagogical responsibilities in sales areas, including the ability to manage a portfolio of external lecturers.
- Energy, dynamism, and demonstrated personal/professional ethical values
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) teaching and student supervision, (2) research performance, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Basic knowledge of French and the French system of Grandes Ecoles is an asset but not a requirement for the position. For non-French professors, essential language support is offered by the school.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. emlyon business school has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement with teaching evaluations, where available
- A list of sales-focused research papers under review or in progress
- Two references/names with contact information
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Monica GROSSO, Head of the Marketing Department at emlyon business school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.