Professeur en Gestion des Opérations et de Chaine d'Approvisionnement
emlyon business school is looking for a full-time professor in Operations Management, Supply chain Management or related relevant area. The candidate should be willing to contribute to and lead collaborative research projects, as well as teach in the corresponding fields.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates with demonstrated research excellence at Associate or Full Professor level - primary focus on research - beginning full time in September 2024 in the Lyon campus.
Teaching opportunities will be distributed at all levels offered by the school, i.e. the undergraduate level (BBA), graduate level (Programme Grande Ecole) and the master's level (to be adapted according to needs). Responsibilities for this position include capabilities to design and manage courses. Teaching will be delivered mainly at our new campus in Gerland in Lyon but can also be delivered on the school's other campuses.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's ODAI (Operations, data & Artificial Intelligence) department and will be affiliated with the AIM QUANT research center.
Founded in 1872 by the Lyon CCI, emlyon business school has an enrollment of 9,050 students of 125 nationalities over 6 campuses worldwide (Lyon, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Paris, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai). emlyon draws on a Faculty of 166 international professors and researchers, and a network of 200 global academic partners, to provide learning tracks of excellence opened to the world. emlyon runs a community of 41,700 alumni spread out in 130 countries. As a Société à Mission since July 2021, emlyon's raison d'être consists in: providing life-long training and support to meaningful individuals able to transform organizations, for a fairer society, with more solidarity and respect for the planet. In its early makers pedagogy, action and reflection are closely intertwined. Skill hybridization and social responsibility are at the heart of its training programs, where the best of both socio-economic and academic worlds meet.
emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools in the world in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 2 of the best French business schools in the Management category, and the top 3 in the Business Administration category.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see:https://www.lyoncampus.com/en/welcome/lyon-a-city-of-innovation )
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long entrepreneurship tradition and a solid digital industry.
- About emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
- About QUANT Research Center at emlyon business school : https://aim.em-lyon.com/quant/
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- Phd / doctorate degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain or any related area
- A strong research orientation, leadership and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top-tier management journals in their respective research field
- Evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English, (and maybe in French) at different levels (undergraduate, masters, executive)
- Ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g. company-oriented research projects)
- Desire to supervise students at different levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD level, master...)
- Desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team
- Desire and ability to support junior level researchers and supervise doctoral students
- Willingness to travel among our other French campuses
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities:
- 1) research performance,
- 2) teaching and student supervision,
- and 3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
The position involves teaching in English at all levels, and possible in French. Fluency and teaching experience in English is required. French skills are not required but is an asset. For non-French professors, basic language support is offered at emlyon business school.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process for international candidates.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement for the next 3 to 5 years and a teaching statement (with teaching evaluations where available)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- Two references/names with contact information
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to:
- Professor Benoit Loeillet, Head of ODAI department (email@example.com ) and
- Professor Guillaume Coqueret, Head of the QUANT Research Center at emlyon business school (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 20th of December 2023
emlyon reserves the right to consider applications submitted after the deadline.