Professeur(e)/ Professeur(e) Associé (e) en Marketing Digital
emlyon business school is looking for outstanding candidates with proven expertise in teaching within the digital marketing field. Classes to teach may include: digital marketing strategy, website design, web analytics, search engine marketing, social media marketing, customer relationship management, AI in marketing, e-commerce, omnichannel marketing, etc.
Applications are invited at Associate or Full Professor level- primary focus on teaching- for positions beginning full time in September 2021 in our Lyon campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris or St. Etienne).
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's Marketing disciplinary group.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Hold a doctoral academic qualification (PhD or DBA)
- Have a teaching portfolio focused on Digital Marketing
- Show evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters, and executive)
- Have proven capacity to take on courses and program management responsibilities, including the ability to manage (identify, select, retain) a portfolio of external lecturers
- Exhibit proven experience with innovative pedagogical approaches
- Show proven ability to merge fundamental theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and maintain sustainable relationships with practitioners (cooperate with companies and develop innovative pedagogical projects with them)
- Show proven ability to publish intellectual contributions targeting practitioners and students (cases, articles, books, blogs, etc.)
- Show energy, dynamism, conviction and personal/professional ethical values
- Show the desire to actively engage in all areas of our school's faculty life
- Have the flexibility to teach across our French campuses
The selected candidate will be expected to: teach at different levels (undergraduate, masters, and executive); take teaching and program responsibilities; support the school pedagogical innovation; mentor students; publish at least one intellectual contribution per year, and contribute to the institutional life of the school (e.g., being member of internal committees, etc.).
Ability to publish in referred journal is a plus but not a requirement for this position.
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding basic notions of French will be an asset. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Monica GROSSO, Coordinator of Marketing disciplinary group at emlyon business school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.