Professeur associé en Data Science - orienté recherche
emlyon business school seeks candidates at Associate Professor level in data science, starting in January 2021.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates holding a PhD in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering, Management Sciences or a closely related field discipline (candidates who are close to completion are also acceptable). The candidate must show interest in interdisciplinary collaborations and research in business studies. Successful candidates will have a clear research focus on the disciplines mentioned above, and ideally address topics linked to new technology and innovation (e.g. digital transformation, AI).
Responsibilities for this position include conducting academic research and teaching. Teaching opportunities are available at the undergraduate, masters, and executive level. The teaching load will be defined on a personal basis, and will depend on the publications. Classes to teach include python coding, python data analysis, text-mining, machine learning, big data in practice, deep learning, etc.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement yet emlyon will provide upon arrival language support to train new comers and allow then to get basic French notions.
The position is based in our Ecully-Lyon campus (France) with possible travels to other campuses. The position holder will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors/researchers in Operations, Data & AI department.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St-Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Emlyon will celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2022, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a body of 164 faculty members dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means. emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- This position requires an earned doctorate in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering, Management Sciences or a closely related field discipline (candidates who are close to completion are also acceptable) and proven ability and commitment for engaging in research activities (publications, research seminars, patents, etc.).
- This position requires not only a documented excellence in teaching but also pedagogical engineering capabilities to meet the increasing demand on data science courses. Ideally, the candidate should be able to manage (identify, select, retain) a portfolio of external lecturers.
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unplublished)
- Reference letters from two referees