Professeur en Durabilité/ Entrepreneuriat Social
To contribute to developing its programs, emlyon business school seeks highly motivated candidates who demonstrate pedagogical excellence in sustainability-related fields (environment and climate change, energy, and social entrepreneurship). By sustainability courses, we mean courses designed to address both environmental and social issues. Applications are invited at the associate / full professor level, with a focus on teaching, beginning full-time in September 2023.
The selected candidate is expected to teach in French and English. Teaching opportunities will be mostly at the undergraduate level (BBA), graduate level (Programme Grande Ecole) and the master's level. Responsibilities for this position include the ability to design and manage courses in innovation and entrepreneurship with a focus on climate, energy, and social challenges and coordinating a network of professional lecturers (vacataires). Publishing in professional and/or academic journals is a requirement for this position.
The selected candidate will be attached and collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation to grow and extend our programs on sustainability, existing courses include for example Acting for the Climate, Climate strategies for organizations, Fundamentals of Climate Change, Fundamentals of Energy Transition, Innovation and Geopolitics of the Energy, Social Innovation, and Social Entrepreneurship.. In addition, the selected candidate will be part of institutional projects to position emlyon business school as a leading organization in the field (e.g., integration of Sustainable Development Goals in our courses, and developing the impact entrepreneurship institute).
Teaching will be delivered mainly at pour Lyon/Ecully campus but can also be delivered on the school's other campuses in Paris and Saint-Etienne.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs, including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools in the world in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of the best French business schools.
A world-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research informs the scientific conversation as well as economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school has six campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar, and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
Further information about emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and abilities in line with their level of application:
- PhD/ doctorate degree in innovation management or related area
- Ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals (2 publications every 5 years)
- Demonstrated expertise in sustainability broadly conceived, including climate change, energy and ecological transitions, social impact, social entrepreneurship, and related areas
- Evidence of excellent teaching achievements in French and English at different levels (undergraduate, master, and/or executive)
- Ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners and local ecosystem actors (incl. startups and intermediaries) related to sustainability and innovation,
- Ability to manage a team of vacataires and the ability to design courses on new topics (resilience, biodiversity, social innovations, etc.),
- Ability to work with our students and the institution on environmental and social projects,
- Desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team, and contribute to the institute on impact entrepreneurship,
- Willingness to potentially teach on emlyon's other French campuses (Paris, Saint-Etienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on, three areas of activities: (1) teaching and student supervision, (2) research (a minimum of 2 publications in peer-reviewed journals every 5 years is expected), and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality).
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby. The school offers support for the relocation process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Xavier Blot, Chair of the Recruitment Committee, Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as the review of applications will begin immediately.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1ST December 2022
All application materials should be submitted in English via this website page. Please note that application materials will not be returned.