A full-position in Entrepreneurship at Full professor level
emlyon business school seeks senior candidates for a full Professor in Entrepreneurship. This is a senior research position open to all areas of entrepreneurship.
We are seeking highly motivated - senior - candidates that have demonstrated excellence in research with a proven track of record and in teaching with relevant experience. The selected candidate is willing to contribute to and lead collaborative research projects and associated teaching and international program development on entrepreneurship and related disciplines with other members of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Department and the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Center.
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Department embraces a number of different research approaches and methods with a keen focus on quality in research and teaching. Members of this group have published in journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Science, Organization Studies, Management Science, Research Policy, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, or Strategic Management Journal.
Applications are invited at Full Professor level - primary focus on research based on the candidate experience and the school standards - beginning full time in September 2022 in Lyon / Écully campus, with possible travels to the other campuses (Paris, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Shanghai, St. Étienne).
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Écoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of best French business schools.
World-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts seven campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
- About emlyon business school : http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
- About the Entrepreneurship and Innovation research center :http://www.eship.em-lyon.com/
We are looking for senior candidates who meet the following requirements:
- PhD/ doctorate degree in Entrepreneurship or related area
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research and teaching team
- a strong research orientation and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- an interest in developing collective research projects and raising funds for research
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers and/or supervise doctoral students
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g., company-oriented research projects or teaching programs)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters, executive)
- show energy, dynamism, and personal/professional ethical values
- willingness to travel among our other campuses (Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Shanghai, Paris, St. Étienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, programs development, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnicity, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but is an advantage. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or Paris area. emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to facilitate moving.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter detailing your motivation for the position
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations, where available)
- A research statement
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to ProfessorGrégoire CROIDIEU, Head of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Center at emlyon business school: email@example.com
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. Application material will not be returned.