OPEN POSITIONS SHANGHAI CAMPUS H/F
emlyon business school is looking for full-time faculty candidates in Organization Behavior / Human Resource, AI / Digital Technology in Business, Corporate Strategy, and Marketing areas.
Applications are invited at Assistant, Associate or Full Professor levels - primary focus in research - beginning full time in January 2021 in Shanghai campus.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's various disciplinary groups.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of best French business schools
World-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts seven campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
About Emlyon Business School Asia
Established in Shanghai China in 1997, its mission is to serve both individuals and organizations in Asia through a broad range of programs and learning opportunities for the current and future generations of early makers, leaders and entrepreneurs.
Programs: Bachelor programs, Master programs, MBA, EMBA, EXECUTIVE EDUCATION, DBA
Students:1200+ international students each year.
Universities partners: 31, including Shanghai Jiaotong University, Fudan University, East China Normal University, Tongji University, Zhongshan University, CKGSB, NTU, Kyoto University, KUBS, Waseda University, National Taiwan University etc.
Alumni: 1000+ in Asia, 800+ in China
Corporate relationship: In-Company Consulting Project (ICP)
- Since 2008, emlyon has worked with around 360 companies on around 650 projects
20% of these companies are multi-national big companies,
- 80% are SME
1/3 of these companies have offered projects for two consecutive semesters or more
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in business related areas, and have a strong research orientation. This orientation should be demonstrated by a publication track record in highly regarded international journals.
- Applicants should have established research records and a good understanding of the latest digital practice of the industries.
- Applicants need to be able to supervise DBA students in their dissertation writing.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate good teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, including executive programs.
- Successful candidates should have very good communication skills and should be able to teach in English. Chinese speaking is a plus.
- Successful applicants should be based in or be ready to move to China.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to, and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking Chinese is not a requirement but holding basic Chinese notions will be an asset.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Shanghai area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
The compensation package is highly competitive and commensurate with qualification, including annual salary, monthly allowance, housing allowance, premium medical insurance, research fund and other benefits.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF:
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- Recent teaching evaluations
- A current vita (with detailed publication information, papers under review, working paper and project in progress)
- A copy of two significant publications or working papers
- The name and contact of three references
Interested candidates should send email to Ms. Cecile Huang: firstname.lastname@example.org with title: Application for emlyon Asia Family name first name.
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.