A full-time position in Marketing at Associate or Full Professor level
emlyon business school is looking for a professor in Marketing with proven expertise in one or more of the following areas: digital marketing, AI in marketing, luxury marketing, marketing research, consumer intelligence, strategic marketing, new product development, pricing, communication, go to market, retail and service marketing, growth scaling, international marketing, responsible marketing, etc.
The selected candidate is willing to contribute to and lead collaborative research projects and associated teaching on these marketing topics with other members of the Marketing Department and the school research centers.
Applications are invited at Associate and Full Professor level - primary focus on research and/or teaching based on the candidate experience and the school standards - beginning full time in September 2022 in Lyon / Écully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, Saint- Étienne).
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Écoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of best French business schools.
World-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts seven campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
- About emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- PhD / doctorate degree in Marketing or related area
- a strong research orientation and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters, executive)
- proven capacity to take on complex and innovative courses' pedagogical responsibilities, including the ability to manage a portfolio of external lecturers
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g., company-oriented research projects)
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic teaching and research team
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers and/or supervise doctoral students
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, Saint- Étienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions will be an asset. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. emlyon business school has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A research statement (with publication pipeline overview)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Monica GROSSO, Coordinator of the Marketing Disciplinary Group at emlyon business school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.