A full-time position in Artificial Intelligence at Associate Professor level
emlyon business school is looking for an Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence.
The candidate is willing to contribute to courses and program development projects (Master in Management, MSc in AI, Bachelor in AI) in Machine Learning, Python Programing, Deep Learning and also lead collaborative research projects and associated teaching in and around these topics with other members of the department.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's Operations, Data & Artificial Intelligence (ODAI) for business department whose research interests deal with the application of AI in Business
Applications are invited at Associate Professor level - primary focus on research- beginning full time in September 2022 in Lyon / Écully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, Saint-Étienne).
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Écoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of best French business schools.
World-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts seven campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
- About emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- PhD / doctorate degree in Artificial Intelligence or related area
- a strong research orientation, leadership and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters)
- excellence in qualitative research methods
- proven teaching experience in Artificial Intelligence or related courses
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g., company-oriented research projects)
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, Saint-Étienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions will be an asset. For non-French professors, basic language support is offered at emlyon business school.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. The school has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Delphine BILLOUARD-FUENTES, Director of the ODAI department at emlyon business school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.