A full-time position in Quantitative Finance at Assistant / Associate professor level.
emlyon business school is looking for an assistant or associate professor in quantitative finance. The candidate should have interest preferably in one or more of the following topics: asset pricing and financial economics, derivatives, portfolio choice, risk management, decision theory, machine learning, insurance and actuarial sciences.
The candidate is willing to contribute to research projects and related teaching in and around these topics with other members of the department. She or he will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's Quantitative Finance & Economics department. The researchers are also very active in the QUANT research center which gathers quantitative scholars from all fields in the social sciences.
Applications are invited at Assistant or Associate level, beginning full time in September 2022 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne).
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.emlyon business school is ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school reaches the top 3 of best French business schools, behind Insead and HEC.
World-class institution, emlyon welcomes in its Faculty 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform the scientific conversation as well as the economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts seven campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
- About emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- PhD. / doctorate degree in Finance or related area (Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.)
- a strong research orientation, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters)
- excellence in quantitative research methods
- proven teaching experience in finance or related courses
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g., company-oriented research projects)
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers and supervise doctoral students (for associate level positions)
- willingness to travel to our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic, nationality) to apply. Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions will be an asset. For non-French professors, basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Guillaume Coqueret, associate professor in finance and data science at emlyon business school: email@example.com
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.