A full- time position in Corporate Governance at full professor level
emlyon business school is looking for outstanding candidates in Strategy and Corporate Governance. The candidate will join IFGE (Institut Français de Gouvernement de Entreprises) team (https://ifge-online.org) with the goal of taking the direction of the Research Center in the short term.
The candidate should have carried out a high level of research in responsible governance and share the IFGE's research program based on the conviction that there is no responsible governance without shared responsibility. The candidate is also willing to lead the research team and develop the IFGE network.
Applications are invited at Full Professor level - primary focus on research and managerial capabilities - beginning full time in January 2022 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne).
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- PhD / doctorate degree and a HDR (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) in Management science, Economics, Political Science or related area
- a strong research orientation demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in French and English at different levels (undergraduate, masters)
- proven teaching experience in strategy and corporate governance
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g. company-oriented research projects) and medias (social network, newspapers)
- experience in leading a research team
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers and supervise doctoral students
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne)
As a professor, the candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in French and English is required.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Pierre-Yves GOMEZ, Director of IFGE at emlyon business school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately until July 1st, 2021.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.