A full-position in Financial and Managerial Accounting at Associate or Full Professor level
To participate to the development of its programs, emlyon business school is seeking highly motivated candidates, who demonstrate pedagogical excellence and intellectual contributions in Financial and Managerial accounting. A keen interest in Corporate Social Responsibility will be a plus. Applications are invited at associate or full professor level, with a primary focus on teaching, beginning full time in September 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to teach in French as well as in English. Teaching opportunities will be mostly focused at the undergraduate level (BBA) and, to a lesser extent, at masters and executive levels. Responsibilities for this position include capabilities to design and manage courses in Financial and Managerial accounting and coordinate a network of professional lecturers. Conducting communications in professional journals is another requirement of this position.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the accounting disciplinary group.
Teaching will be delivered principally in Saint-Etienne campus but can also be delivered in other emlyon's campuses. emlyon business school has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence).
emlyon business school's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- hold a doctorate (or equivalent) and possess at least 3 full years of teaching experience in higher education in managerial and/or financial accounting, demonstrating an ability to interact with many types of audiences, and especially undergraduate students.
- have taught in French and in English, at least one course over 2 years.
- are able to produce published intellectual contributions (PIC) such as case studies, tribunes in professional journals, books, blog, etc.
- have a professional network that will have allowed the candidate to enrich his or her professional experience and which will allow the pursuit of contacts in the professional sphere.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement summarizing all the courses previously designed and developed, the teaching methods used, the topics you expect to develop in future courses. Please also provide the students' evaluations.
- Two reference letters
- An intervention statement summarizing projects that you conducted or to which you participated, and outputs (case studies, articles, presentations to firm actors)
- An innovative syllabus course, case study, or a course to be presented if invited for a job interview.
Clarification questions can be directed to Claire Ciampi, associate professor, email@example.com.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our online platform, as review of applications will begin immediately until May 15, 2021.
All application materials should be submitted in French or in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.