Associate Professor in Corporate Finance
emlyon business school is seeking highly motivated candidate that demonstrate pedagogical excellence. The position is open to all areas of corporate finance, with a particular emphasis on the basis of corporate finance, finance for managers, & financial diagnosis. A keen interest on company social responsibility will be a plus.
Applications are invited at Associate professor level, primary focus on teaching, beginning full time in September 2021.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting communications in professional journals. Capabilities to create, animate a network of professional lecturers. Teaching opportunities are available at the undergraduate, masters, and executive level. The teaching load will be defined on a personal basis, and will depend on the candidate.
Teaching will be delivered on our 3 campuses (Lyon, Paris and Saint Etienne)
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions will be an asset. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's Finance disciplinary group.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence).
emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- For those candidates arriving with business experience:
- hold a diploma at the Master's level or better and 6 years professional experience in the fields being taught, and a teaching experience of 3 years and 150 hours minimum in higher education and in the relevant field.
- be able to teach in English
- be able to produce published intellectual contributions (PIC) such as case studies, tribunes in professional journals
- publications (books, blogs) are desirable.
- professional networks that will have allowed the candidate to enrich his or her
professional experience and which will allow the pursuit of contacts in the professional sphere.
- For those candidates coming from higher education:
- hold a doctorate (or equivalent) and possess at least 3 full years of teaching experience in higher education in their field demonstrating an ability to interact with many types of audiences, including audiences with professional experience.
- have taught in English, at least one course over 2 years.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement
- Two reference letters
- An intervention statement summarizing projects that you conducted or to which you participated, and outputs (case studies, articles, presentations to firm actors)
- An innovative syllabus course, case study, or a course to be presented if invited for a job interview.
Clarification questions can be directed to: Prof. Philippe Marillat des Mercières firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our online platform, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.