Associate / Full Professor in Behavioral Sciences
emlyon business school is looking for two full time positions in Behavioral Sciences at the Associate/Full professor level (see target disciplines hereafter), with a strong preference for candidates engaging in multidisciplinary research--or interested in doing so. The candidate would join the BRiO (behavioral research in organizations) research group; https://brio.institute) which draws from a variety of disciplines (i.e., behavioral economics, human resource management, IO psychology, occupational psychology, organizational behavior, social psychology, and neuroscience) to study behavioral questions relevant to organizations.
The candidate is willing to contribute to and lead collaborative research projects and associated teaching in and around these topics with other members of the group.
Applications are invited at the Full (or Associate) Professor levelwith a strong focus on researchbeginning full time either in July or September 2021 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne). Rank of appointment (i.e., Full or Associate Professor) will depend on candidate experience and accomplishments.
To ensure full consideration, candidates should make certain that their application is submitted by December 31st, 2020. However, note that the two positions will remain open until filled.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- Phd / doctorate degree in a discipline relevant to the Behavioral Sciences
- a strong research orientation, capacity to lead research project, and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters)
- excellence in quantitative research methods
- proven teaching experience in behavioral science related courses
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g. company-oriented research projects)
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions
will certainly be an asset. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A research statement
- Samples of scholarly work
- References will be requested from shortlisted candidates and do not need to be provided at this time
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Jacquart, head of the BRiO research group at emlyon business school: email@example.com
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.