Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor in Marketing
emlyon business school is looking for outstanding candidates in marketing with a specific focus on consumer behavior and particularly social-cultural approaches / Consumer Culture Theory (CCT). The candidate will join Lifestyle Research Center team (https://lifestyle.em-lyon.com/) and should have interest preferably in one or more of the following topics and related methodological approaches: consumer and service experience, market dynamics, lifestyles and taste, sustainability and responsible consumption/production, and branding. The candidate is also willing to contribute to and also lead collaborative research projects and associated teaching in and around these topics with other members of the center.
Applications are invited at Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level in the research oriented positions beginning full time in September 2021 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, St.Etienne).
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the school's Marketing disciplinary group.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover- lyon/education.html).
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications in line with their level of application:
- Phd / doctorate degree in Marketing or related area
- a strong research orientation, leadership and publication pipeline, demonstrated by capacity to publish in the top management journals in their respective research field (e.g., FT list)
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in English at different levels (undergraduate, masters)
- excellence in qualitative research methods
- proven teaching experience in consumer behavior or related courses
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners (e.g. company-oriented research projects)
- desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic research team
- desire and ability to support junior level researchers and supervise doctoral students (associate / full professor levels)
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne)
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding French basic notions will be an asset. For non-French professors basic language support is offered at emlyon.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- A research and teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A current vita
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unpublished)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- Reference letters from two referees
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Joonas ROKKA, Director of Lifestyle Research Center at emlyon business school: email@example.com
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned.