Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
The AIM Research Center on Artificial Intelligence in Value Creation investigates how Artificial Intelligence and related emerging technologies affect value creation in human interactions and consumer behavior, and the new way companies create and capture value doing business and shaping business ecosystems. We explore three dimensions of value creation: AI in business value, AI in ethical value and AI in societal value
We seek candidates to fill one full-time position at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting September 1, 2021. Applicants must complete their Ph.D. prior to the start date.
The Center supports research and open space of debate on how AI creates new value layers affecting user behavior, information sharing, experiential engagement, marketing practices and brand equity. Examples of research directions include but are not limited to: using machine learning (such as predictive modelling and reinforcement learning) to find better solutions to optimization problems, developing decision support tools that combine data-driven models with knowledge-based models. Goal of the research center is also to explore how AI enabled networked platforms are changing the way companies do business, develop new business models and shape new business ecosystems.
The emlyon Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Management (AIM) is a multifaceted initiative focused on understanding the opportunities and implications of artificial intelligence for the management of organizations, industries, and business ecosystems. To do this, AIM initiates and sponsors:
- Pedagogical experiences that expose and prepare our students to work with and manage AI technologies.
- Enterprise and ecosystem development that supports technologists and managers in the evolution, adoption, and implementation of AI technologies.
Research that examines how AI and related technologies are altering work, organizations, consumer behavior, and business ecosystems
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. Entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early maker.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover- lyon/education.html).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry. It offers a lot in terms of culture, notably with renowned festivals in music, dance, movie, lights. And of course, it also boasts being the world capital for gastronomy. It is ideally located in the center of Europe. Most major European cities are easily reached by train, as are Alpine ski slopes and Mediterranean beaches. You can learn more about Lyon by visiting https://en.lyon-france.com
Candidates should have the following requirements:
- have a PhD in Marketing or Management (with orientation in Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Robotics) or a related area.
- have an interest and experience in the operational as well as strategic aspects of digital transformation.
- excellence in quantitative methods.
- have a strong research orientation and track record, as demonstrated by publication track record in highly regarded management journals (e.g., FT list) or show potential (for the position of Assistant Professor).
- be able to merge fundamental theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and maintain sustainable relationships with practitioners (cooperate with companies, develop innovative pedagogical projects with them).
- Strong interest to invest in the research focus on Artificial Intelligence in Management
- Ability to teach, shown for instance by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent communication and mastering of the English language
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurated with qualifications and experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- A research and teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A current vita
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unpublished)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- A copy of three significant publications or working papers
- Reference letters from two referees
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
Questions on the position can be sent to Margherita PAGANI, firstname.lastname@example.org