Associate / Full Professor in Strategy and Strategic Management
Emlyon business school is seeking applications for a position in strategy at the associate or full professor level. The position is for its teaching and diffusion track. The successful candidate will start in September 2021 on Ecully Campus in Grand Lyon area.
Applicants should have experience in teaching and constructing courses in strategy. They should master different topics in strategy, and should hold a PhD or doctorate in a relevant area.
The candidate appointed will be expected to teach in both French and English across the range of programs offered by the school at undergraduate, graduate and executive levels. Candidates should be able to develop courses in strategy independently and contribute to the conception and construction of strategy courses targeting at different audiences. They are also required to develop pedagogical contents through conducting case studies and field work, and diffuse knowledge in diverse media outlets recognized by academics and valued by practitioners.
This position is open to a variety of approaches and themes. All approaches are welcome.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will depend on qualifications and experience.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon, St Etienne and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 164-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence). emlyon's motto is Early Makers. This concept reflects our vision of entrepreneurs: individuals who try, experiment, make mistakes, start again and learn as they go. Entrepreneurs must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneurs from emlyon business school are makers and early movers. They are early makers.
To know more, follow @EMLYON
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html).
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
- Applicants must hold a PhD or doctorate and have an innovative pedagogy orientation;
- Successful candidates should demonstrate an excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Teaching for top and international executives is also a central competence;
- Successful candidates will have an ability to communicate with a large audience new ideas and research topics in strategy and strategic management;
- Diffuse knowledge to a wied audience;
- Successul candidates should be able to publish articles for practitioners, books (or chapters) and/or case studies;
- Successful candidates should be able to teach both in French and English.
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An updated CV
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations) including executive courses
- A research or intervention statement summarizing projects that you conducted or to which you participated, and outputs (case studies, articles, presentations to firm actors...)
- An innovative syllabus course and/or a paper to be presented if invited for a job interview.
- Reference letters from two referees
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
Questions on the position can be sent to: Jean Louis Magakian, email@example.com and to Dima YOUNES firstname.lastname@example.org