Assistant or associate professor in Quantitative Finance
We are seeking highly motivated candidates that demonstrate excellent research and teaching qualities. Responsibilities include conducting academic research and teaching. The available teaching opportunities are at the undergraduate and master levels. The teaching load depends on the research output of the candidate and remuneration is competitive.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement. However, emlyon business school provides language support to candidates who want to learn French.
The position is based on our main campus in Ecully (France) and it is expected that the candidate collaborates closely with our faculty members
Starting January 2021.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 152-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence).
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A PhD in Finance or related disciplines
- Demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top finance journals with a strong focus on quantitative finance, insurance, and/or risk management.
- A strong interest in teaching fixed income, portfolio management, risk management, option pricing, and similar topics.
- A relevant international network.
- A team player with good communications skills
- A cover letter specifying the motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- The job market paper or a sample research paper (preferably unpublished, to be presented if invited for a job interview)
- A list of papers under review and/or in progress
- Two reference letters
- A list of three references
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filledFor further information direct your queries to Prof. Guillaume COQUERET (email@example.com)