Assistant/Associate Professor in Finance
emlyon business school Africa invites applications for a full-time position at Assistant/ Associate professor level in Finance.
Applicants are mid-careers with a research interest in African markets and companies. Successful candidates should be ready to teach different courses in finance, including but not limited to financial analysis, financial management, market finance, and participative finance. The teaching ranges from core courses at undergraduate level, to more advanced courses at master's and executive level.
The successful candidate will be based in Casablanca (Morocco) and will start in September 2020.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, a global BBA program, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD and global DBA, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 152-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence ). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
To know more, follow @EMLYON
- Applicants must hold a PhD or doctorate and have a research orientation. This orientation should be demonstrated by a publication track record in highly regarded management journals such as those in the FT list.
- Successful candidates will have to publish academic articles, books and/or case studies
- Successful candidates should demonstrate an excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Successful candidates should be able to teach either in French or in English. Fluency in French is required.
- Applicants must have knowledge of and demonstrate interest in the African business environment through their previous experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF:
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- A research and teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A current CV
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unpublished)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- Reference letters from two referees
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
Application files and questions related to the position or the context of emlyon Africa campus can be sent to: Iliya Komarev, Academic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.