A full- time teaching oriented position in Management Accounting and Control Systems at Associate/ Full professor level
emlyon business school is seeking highly motivated candidates, who demonstrate pedagogical excellence in Management Accounting and Control Systems. Applications are invited at associate or full professor level, with a primary focus on teaching, beginning full time in September 2023.
Teaching opportunities will be offered at Bachelor, Master (Msc, iMBA) and/or executive education levels (eMBA essentially). Responsibilities for this position include the management of existing courses and the development of new ones in Management Control and Performance Management (to a lesser extent in Managerial Finance and Financial accounting). Being active publishing communications in professional and/or academic journals is another requirement of this position. A keen interest in Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility will be a plus. The selected candidate is expected to teach mainly in English. The ability to speak French in the context of course creation and coordination would be much appreciated.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with the existing team of professors and researchers in our growing accounting and corporate finance department.
The position is based at the Lyon campus (Lyon/Ecully). Teaching will be delivered principally in Lyon/Ecully but can also require to travel to other emlyon's campuses (see below). The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. emlyon business school has set-up a relocation policy to support new recruits moving to Lyon.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including a BBA, MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, DBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs. emlyon business school is also ranked among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school is also among the top 3 best French business schools.
As a world-class institution, emlyon is home to a faculty of 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform prevailing scientific conversations as well as economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts six campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: https://www.onlylyon.com/en)
Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and this is complimented by a strong digital industry.
Further information about emlyon business school: http://www.em-lyon.com/en/
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- hold a doctorate (or equivalent) and possess at least 3 full years of teaching experience in higher education in management control and managerial accounting, demonstrating an ability to interact with many types of audiences, and especially graduate and postgraduate students.
- have taught in English, at least one course over 2 years.
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements at different levels.
- are able to produce published intellectual contributions (PIC) such as case studies, tribunes in professional journals, books, blog etc. and/or academic papers.
- have a professional network that will allow the candidate to enrich his or her teaching and facilitate ongoing contact with the professional business world
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) research performance, 2) teaching and student supervision, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement summarizing all the courses previously designed and developed, the teaching methods used, the topics you expect to develop in future courses. Please also provide the students' evaluations.
- Two reference letters
- An intervention statement summarizing projects that you conducted or to which you participated, and outputs (case studies, articles, presentations to firm actors)
- An innovative syllabus course, case study, or a course session to be presented if invited for a job interview.
Clarification questions can be directed to Ludivine Perray-Redslob, associate professor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, on our online platforrm.
All applications materials should be submitted in English, via the website page. The application materials will not be returned.