Professeur(e) Assistant(e) en Marketing Digital/ Artificial Intelligence pour le Business au sein de l'Institut AIM
The AIM Research Center on Artificial Intelligence in Value Creation investigates how Artificial Intelligence and related emerging technologies affect value creation in human interactions and consumer behavior, and the new way companies create and capture value doing business and shaping business ecosystems.
We seek candidates to fill one full-time position at the rank of assistant professor (tenure-track), starting July 1, 2020. Applicants must complete their Ph.D. prior to the start date.
The Center supports research and open space of debate on how AI creates new value layers affecting user behavior, information sharing, experiential engagement, marketing practices and brand equity. Goal of the research center is also to explore how AI enabled networked platforms are changing the way companies do business, develop new business models and shape new business ecosystems.
The Center is directed by Professor Margherita Pagani.
The emlyon Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Management (AIM) is a multifaceted initiative focused on understanding the opportunities and implications of artificial intelligence for the management of organizations, industries, and business ecosystems. To do this, AIM initiates and sponsors:
- Pedagogical experiences that expose and prepare our students to work with and manage AI technologies.
- Enterprise and ecosystem development that supports technologists and managers in the evolution, adoption, and implementation of AI technologies.
- Research that examines how AI and related technologies are altering work, organizations, consumer behavior, and business ecosystems
Candidates should have the following requirements:
- have a PhD in Marketing or Management (with orientation in Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Robotics) or a related area.
- have an interest and experience in the operational as well as strategic aspects of digital transformation.
- excellence in quantitative methods.
- have a strong research orientation and track record, as demonstrated by publication track record in highly regarded management journals (e.g., FT list) or show potential (for the position of Assistant Professor).
- be able to merge fundamental theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and maintain sustainable relationships with practitioners (cooperate with companies, develop innovative pedagogical projects with them).
- Strong interest to invest the research focus on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Ability to teach in English.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurated with qualifications and experience.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 152-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, research centres of excellence ). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- A research and teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A current vita
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unpublished)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- A copy of three significant publications or working papers
- Reference letters from two referees
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.