Associate Professor in action learning in Corporate Finance
We are seeking highly motivated candidate that demonstrate pedagogical excellence. The position is open to all areas of corporate finance, with a particular emphasis on the bassis of corporate finance, finance for managers, & financial diagnosis.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting communications in professional journals. Teaching opportunities are available at the undergraduate, masters, and executive level. The teaching load will be defined on a personal basis, and will depend on the candidate. Teaching will be delivered on our 3 campuses (Lyon, Paris and Saint Etienne)
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is instead preferable (candidates who want to learn French can get language support).
The position will be based in our campus in Ecully (France) and possible collaborate with our existing team of researchers in finance (Starting date: September 2020)
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 152-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence ). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- For those candidates arriving with business experience:
- hold a diploma at the Master's level or better and 6 years professional experience in the fields being taught, and a teaching experience of 3 years and 150 hours minimum in higher education and in the relevant field.
- be able to teach in English
- be able to produce published intellectual contributions (PIC). A doctorate or initial
- publications (books, blogs) are desirable.
- professional networks that will have allowed the candidate to enrich his or her
- professional experience and which will allow the pursuit of contacts in the professional
- For those candidates coming from higher education:
- hold a doctorate (or equivalent) and possess at least 3 full years of teaching experience in higher education in their field demonstrating an ability to interact with many types of audiences, including audiences with professional experience.
- have taught in English, at least one course over 2 years.
A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
A curriculum vitae
A publication / communications list
A teaching statement
Two reference letters
To schedule an interview, please prepare to upload the above documents on our online platform and complete the online form.
Clarification questions can be directed to: Prof. Philippe Marillat des Mercières firstname.lastname@example.org.