FOUR OPEN POSITIONS / SHANGHAI CAMPUS H/F
emlyon business school Asia invites applications for four positions at Associate / Full Professors levels, in:
- Organizational Change/Leadership:
Applicants are seniors or mid-careers with research interests in Organizational Behavior or in Strategic Management; they are able to speak English (Chinese is a plus); they need to be ready to teach different courses (ranging from core courses to undergraduate audiences, to more advanced courses to executive participants) and possibly to lead a program or center of leadership.
Applicants are juniors or mid-careers with a research focus on Quantitative Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment, Finance and Artificial Intelligence; they are able to speak English as well as Chinese; they need to be ready to teach different courses to undergraduate and graduate audiences.
- International Business / Global Strategy:
Applicants are mid-careers with a research focus on Strategy and a strong research interest in Economics and/or Geopolitics; they are able to speak fluent English (Chinese is a plus). They need to be ready to teach different courses (ranging from core courses to undergraduate audiences, to more advanced courses to executive participants).
- Digital marketing / Artificial Intelligence for Business :
Applicants are senior or mid-careers, with research interests in Digital marketing / Artificial Intelligence for Business; they are able to speak English (Chinese is a plus); they need to be ready to teach different courses (ranging from core courses to undergraduate audiences, to more advanced courses to executive participants).
Positions above will be appointed in September 2020 or earlier.
The compensation package is highly competitive and commensurate with qualification. For senior applicants who already have strong research achievement and teaching capability, it is also negotiable for the salary, research fund, housing allowance and other fringe benefits.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, a global BBA program, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD and global DBA, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) and Morocco (Casablanca).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 152-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence
). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
- Founded in 1872, one of Europe's leading business schools
- 6 campus: Lyon, Saint Étienne, Shanghai, Casablanca, Paris, Bhubaneswar
- Ranks 21 In Europe (Financial Times European Business School Ranking 2018)
- Ranks 34 in the World (Times Higher Education Global Employability University Ranking 2018)
- 7,260 students in graduate programmes, 90 nationalities represented
- 6,200 participants in executive education programmes each year
- A network of 30,000 alumni in 120 countries
- 181 foreign partners (universities or business schools)
- Belongs to the 1% business schools in the world which have the Triple Accreditation: EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
To know more, follow @EMLYON
About Emlyon Business School Asia
Established in Shanghai China in 1997, its mission is to serve both individuals and organizations in Asia through a broad range of programs and learning opportunities for the current and future generations of early makers, leaders and entrepreneurs.
Programs: Bachelor programs, Master programs, MBA, EMBA, EXECUTIVE EDUCATION, DBA
Students:1200+ international students each year.
Universities partners: 31, including Shanghai Jiaotong University, Fudan University, East China Normal University, Tongji University, Zhongshan University, CKGSB, NTU, Kyoto University, KUBS, Waseda University, National Taiwan University etc.
Alumni: 1000+ in Asia, 1000+ in China
Corporate relationship: In-Company Consulting Project (ICP)
- Since 2008, emlyon has worked with around 360 companies on around 650 projects; 20% of these companies are multi-national big companies,
- 80% are SME ; 1/3 of these companies have offered projects for two consecutive semesters or more
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree and have a research orientation. This orientation should be demonstrated by a publication track record in highly regarded management journals.
- Successful candidates will have to publish either academic articles or books and case study
- Successful candidates should demonstrate an excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate, graduate levels, including executive programs.
- Successful candidates should be able to teach either in English or in Chinese.
- Applicants must have a strong knowledge of the Asian or Chinese context demonstrated in their previous experience.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- A research and teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- A current vita (with detailed publication information, papers under review, working paper and project in progress)
- A copy of two significant publications or working papers
- The name and contact of three references
All application materials should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
For any questions regarding the position, do not hesitate to contact Ms. Cecile Huang: email@example.com