Instructor in Human Resources Management
The disciplinary group Human Relations & Regulations invites applications for Instructors in Human Resource Management. Three professors coordinate the teaching of Human Reources Strategic Management within our graduate, undergraduate and executive programs, mainly at our Ecully campus.
Main duties and responsabilities :
- to ensure the first level of relationship with the learners on online learning activities or on work group activities, excluding face-to-face teaching.
- to answer learners' questions about exercise instuctions provided by professors.
- to follow-up the progress of deliverables, to advise or even to correct the works of learners and to ensure the compliance of anti-plagirism rules.
- to make feedbacks on learners' deliverables and possibly to evaluate them together with the professors.
- to support HRM professors in the continuous improvement of teaching materials & designs
- to capitalize on learners' works ; to bring generic feedbacks to learners to enhance programs' industrialization.
- to contribuate to the dissemination of best practice and teaching materials for different courses.
- to support Pedagogical Responsibles in the design and production of innovative teaching materials: videos, case studies, visual supports as well as the continuous improvement in course evaluation processes.
- to coordinate a network of students, ambassadors of HRM, and to be able to lead teaching assistants. Teaching assistants are students of the MSc in Management program, hired by professors to provide an operational support during the course. As far as blended and online courses in strategic HRM within the MSc in Management program are concerned, the instructor will have to manage a teaching assistant whose mission will consist in supporting students in the use of a digital pedagogical platform and in the understanding of deliverable instructions. The students- Amabassadors netwok's mission is to promote the strategic HRM for students of the MSc in Management program by creating events and communication media to present their disciplin and opportunities offered by professors of this disciplinary group.
The instructor will not be in charge of delivering courses : teaching is not included in his/her duties. Nevertheless, if, outside of his/her mission, the instructor delivers courses, then teaching will be paid in addition to his/her salary at the applicable rates for external lecturers.
A full-time fixed-term contrat from September 2019 to July 2020 with fixed base compensation and benefits according to the current HR policy and collective agreements in force.
emlyon business school , one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai), Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 144-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence
). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
Applicants are suitably qualified in HRM to be able to make proposals to professors and to understand their needs and expectations.
- That position may be suitable for postgraduate or doctorate students in management.
- Strong interests in Strategy and HRM are required.
- An experience in teaching is not required but could be a plus.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in French AND in English.
- An international perspective is required to manage the diversity of French and English speaking students
- Applicants must be comfortable with the use of digital tools.
- Applicants must be a team player with good communication and creativity skills.
- A covering letter
Job talks will be scheduled between March and April 2019.
For any questions, please contact Marie-Rachel Jacob, Coordinator of the disciplinary group Human Relation & Regulations at : email@example.com