A full-time position in Operations Management at Assistant / Associate level
We are seeking highly motivated candidates that demonstrate excellent research potential. The position is open to all areas of operations management, supply chain management, management sciences, project management, risk management, industrial economy. A good understanding of computer sciences and new technologies is a plus.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting academic research and teaching. Teaching opportunities are available at the undergraduate, masters, and executive level. The teaching load will be defined on a personal basis, and will depend on the publications. Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is instead not a requirement (candidates who want to learn French can get language support).
The position will be based in our campus in Ecully (France) with possible travels to other campuses and will closely collaborate with our existing team of lecturers/researchers in Operations, Data & AI department.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools. It holds triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA) and offers a wide range of programs including an MSc in Management, Specialized Master's degrees, MBA, PhD, as well as open and tailor-made executive programs.
emlyon business school has campuses in France (Lyon and Paris), China (Shanghai) Morocco (Casablanca) and India (Bhubaneswar).
Having celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2012, emlyon business school is a dynamic and innovative institution with a 144-strong faculty dedicated to develop excellence both in teaching and research thanks to unique and specific means (learning lab, clusters of excellence ). emlyon's motto is early makers. This concept reflects our vision of the entrepreneur: an individual who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. An entrepreneur must now combine this dimension of doing and doing quickly with the ability to anticipate, mix and nurture ideas, see things before others and do things quicker than others. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He/she is an early maker.
emlyon business school is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of large universities with excellent research teams in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities (see: http://www.onlylyon.com/en/discover-lyon/education.html). Lyon is the second largest city in France, with a long tradition in entrepreneurship and with a strong digital industry.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- This position requires an earned doctorate in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, Management Sciences or a closely related field disciplines (candidates who are close to completion are also acceptable)
- This position requires not only a documented excellence in teaching but also pedagogical engineering capabilities to meet the increasing demand on OM and SCM courses. Ideally, the candidate should be able to manage (identify, select, retain) a portfolio of external lecturers.
- Active research record, including recent publications in top OM/SCM/OR journals
- A relevant international network
- A good understanding of the industrial world thanks to projects and other contacts
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unpublished)
- A list of papers under review or in progress
- Reference letters from two referees